WITH OUR SUPERB SPOT OVERLOOKING THE ESTUARY, ROCK AND PADSTOW WE’RE WELL PLACED TO SHARE A FEW STORIES ABOUT LIFE WHERE THE RIVER CAMEL MEETS THE ATLANTIC.
BROWSE OUR GROWING LIST OF ARTICLES FOR LOCAL IDEAS AND INSPIRATION AS WE CELEBRATE OUR AMAZING SURROUNDINGS.
- It’s finally our favourite time of the year; glorious sunsets ending warm days, pumping swells reaching our shores, lazy lunches on quiet Sunday afternoons and a little bit of normality is restored in The Duchy after a busy summer season. That’s right, Autumn is here and we barely even noticed it sneaking up on us. If you’re feeling the summer …Read More »
- Cornish life is dictated by the sea; the tides, the surf conditions, the mood of the day. With a view like ours, it’s impossible to forget the ocean and our work days pass with a soundtrack of seagulls and the scent of salty air. The summer months bring swims before work, dog walks along the tide line at dusk and …Read More »
- Cornwall is doggy-heaven. Open expanses of sandy beaches, all the sticks in the world to play fetch with, plenty of rivers and shorelines to splash around in and best of all most of the shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants openly welcome and look after our furry friends – from dog treats on the bar to bowls of water at every …Read More »
- Obviously Cornwall is beautiful throughout each of the seasons; the baby animals of spring time, the beautiful golden leaves in autumn and the occasional snowy beaches during winter, however our happiest moments are those spent during the summer, outside in the glorious sunshine, sipping on something chilled. When the sun is shining, there’s really no place in the world we’d …Read More »
- Roald Dahl once said, “those who don’t believe in magic will never find it”, however Cornwall is a place where you’ll find magical things around every corner. Tales of mermaids, Cornish piskies and knockers are deeply entwined with our heritage, and you’ll find folklore familiar to every village you visit in the south west. For many people, these tales are …Read More »